Tuesday 13 September 2011

Olwen & Ben

Olwen first contacted me about shooting their great big, post-wedding party near St Andrew's. She promised awesome music, silly dancing, hog roast and fudge doughnuts and enthusiastic emails ensued. Soon it was decided that I would also venture up for their ceremony, a very intimate and relaxed cliff top affair planned for a few weeks before the great big party.

I was totally blown away by St Andrew's and by the warmth and hospitality of Olwen, Ben and their families who made me feel totally welcome. The day of the ceremony was absolutely beautiful, which was fortunate because their venue didn't have a roof and we would have all been at the mercy of the elements otherwise. I also got the chance to do my first ever first look (which is where the bride and groom choose to see each other before the wedding, and generally spend some of this time have some photographs taken) and the setting could't have been more perfect, on the pier where they had one of their first dates.













Usually when I say goodbye to a couple on their wedding day, it's a sad moment for me because I know that (especially when they live as far away as Olwen and Ben do) It's quite unlikely that I'll get to see them properly again. But, this was not the case as up I ventured once more to St Andrew's and to their great big party! 

Ben did an amazing, thoughtful and thorough job organising the whole thing, from the food to the marquee to the music and so much more. It was brilliant to meet even more of their family and and friends and did I mention the fudge doughnuts? *drools shamelessly* 















<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...